Welcome to the 1st Upper Beaconsfield Scout Group!
What do we get up to?
Scouts is fun for all
Are you or your children aged between 6 and 25? Scouts take part in activities as diverse as kayaking, abseiling, expeditions overseas, photography, climbing and hiking. As a Scout you can learn survival skills, first aid, cooking, computer programming, or even how to fly a plane. There’s something for every young person. It’s a great way to have fun, make friends, get outdoors, express your creativity and experience the wider world.
1st Upper Beaconsfield is one of the few groups with support for such a wide age group across our sections. We also benefit from a great location, facilities and environment. Come and check it out!
Some of the things we do
Trained Leaders and Assistants volunteer their time to run our sections. Some of the things they get up to include:
- Weekly meetings – fun activities and games, planning adventures and outings, learn to work in teams.
- Educational Activities – Scouts are exposed to a huge range of activities based on adventure and personal interests, such as abseiling, caving, watching the sun rise, hiking, photography, orienteering, performance arts, operating amateur radio, bush survival skills, tying and using knots, learn about water safety, camping and cooking.
- Cuboree, Jamboree and other section group events – held every three years, this is the ultimate adventure where thousands of others from around Australia and overseas meet for outdoor activities, challenges and entertainment.
- Adventurous Activities- such as abseiling, snorkeling, rock climbing, sailing, land yachting… and more!
- Family adventures – the whole family is encouraged to get involved with Scout activities like canoeing, bike riding and camps.
There is so much to do in Scouts and it is only limited by your imagination and your capacity for fun.